Thread: Unable to install C&C95

Angry Unable to install C&C95

Well I downloaded the GDI and NOD disks from the Command and Conquer site but I simply can't get them to install no matter what I do.

I'm using XP SP3 32bit and Daemon Tools for ISO mounting.

Clicking the install button from Autoplay bring up the error:
    The file, SETUP.EXE could not be found.
    Running SETUP.EXE from the 'disk' brings up:
    E:\SETUP.EXE is not a valid Win32 application.
    Running Install.exe from the 'disk' brings up:
    An internal error has occurred on E:\SETUP.INS. Unable to load installation instructions.

Error 703
    I get the same errors on both the GDI and NOD ISOs, and I've also tried MagicISO to the same results.

I'm simply at a loss here.

Angry

Well the fun continues.... I used the full game download to workaround the failing install files. (( http://cncforums.com/new/showthread.php?t=2228 ))

And well now I got the game working.. but no matter what I do I can't get the videos to initialize. I've tired changing the No-CD settings in the INI, even removing the CD-Control section of the INI entirely.. no effect NONE of the movies will play, not even the intro, except for the Red Alert sneak peek.

I am absolutely at my wits end here.

OK, tried manualy moving the Movie files over from the disk... and it failed.. final conclusion is that my ISO files from the official C&C site are TACFUBAR.
    Last edited by ScytheKnight; 27-02-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Have you tried a full install with my install pack, and then adding my full videos pack?
    http://www.cnc-comm.com/page/installingtd

The problem with copying the movies from the CD is that the GDI CD only has the GDI briefings, and the Nod CD only has the Nod briefings.

Unhappy

Well giving it a try since it would seem that the ISOs are screwed.. very, VERY annoyed at wasting the bandwidth on them only to have them not work at all.

Hmmm, just a question for a few days time when I have a download limit again (not there yet but starting to get a bit squeezy), is there any other place other then the C&C site where I can DL the Red Alert ISOs where I should have a good chance of them working properly?
    Last edited by ScytheKnight; 28-02-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Well that seems to have done the trick.. all movies playing fine now. Guess I got a bad download of the ISO files.

Dipper of Chickens chickendippers's Avatar

I was gonna' say, if the isos were genuinely bad I'm sure we'd have had a lot more complaints

Webmaster of - [CnCWorld]
    Webmaster of - [CNC Community]

There's a full install pack for RA1 too (FullRA+), but unfortunately it has no video packs or even the possibility to disable the NoCD and play with the CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
    I was gonna' say, if the isos were genuinely bad I'm sure we'd have had a lot more complaints
    I wasn't saying the ISOs are bad... just that I got a bad download of both.

Thread Information