PDA

View Full Version : Over so quick

BlueGlow
10-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Ok this time I hope to post a thread that does'nt come accross as stupid.

Is there anyway to prevent Nod (prefer to fight against them, Scrin are great....if a little too tough) from using the Nuke?

If I am playing a Skirmish game it is'nt very long before it comes up saying nuke detected or whatever and I then have just over 6 minutes to get to that building and put it out of action......not possible for me as I am more of a defensive player and like to take my time, not one for very fast games :no:

BG :)

Luk3us
10-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Is this against an AI or Human opponent?

BlueGlow
10-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Against the AI......don't play Multi as I have had nothing but bad experiences against fellow humans........plus I am slow and methodical in my play, still does'nt stop me being hammered by the AI though lol :)

BlueGlow

Luk3us
10-04-2007, 02:15 PM
For GDI, you can just build 8 firehawks and bomb the crap out of it, the AI never has enough AA to destroy any of them before they hit the target, going round the sides is best. If you can drop a sniper team just nearby they can spot for a Jugg. Also you can use the orbital artlillary to take out some power plants before an attack, though the effect is only for about 10 seconds..

For Nod, drop in, I think 6 shadow teams for a temple? Yeah but that and that will take it out. Stealth tanks, and if you're really clever, steath avatars. :p Also 8 vertigo bombers and the liquid tiberium bomb thingey.

Scrin? lol.. I almost never play as them. But I suppose a bunch of those big fancy airships should do the trick. Also you could teleport some tripods into the back of his base with the mastermind's teleport ability.

Where is Madbadger? Since I think he is the "big" C&C3 player around here. :p

BlueGlow
10-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Great thanks mate :) guess I have to try and get my priorities right when building things as I just get hammered from the word go.......my last or rather current skirmish against Nod is almost over but I started out with a large base and several units to guard it while I went and captured several of those Towers that give me resources, and then began to make a larger force for an assault......however.......Nod attacked and virtually wiped out my first lot of units......as things were getting pretty dire, I packed up the Construction Yard and headed across a bridge to where there was a nice circle of Tiberium, this is now where my new base is......and now I have two guardian cannons guarding the bridge so any units coming across will get slaughtered, but I have the sides of my base still vulnerable as I have yet to build any units........but this is definately my "last stand" :) how long can I hang on for? not long I can tell you that lol........but its terrific fun playing.......never has a game gripped me more than this one

I bought Supreme Commander and whilst I like it.......the old PC can't cope too well.......so its on the back burner for now and will stay there until my next upgrade (a whole new PC that is as this one has reached the end of the line)......got to wait until the end of next year though lol

BlueGlow :)

MadBadger
10-04-2007, 03:02 PM
For GDI, you can just build 8 firehawks and bomb the crap out of it, the AI never has enough AA to destroy any of them before they hit the target, going round the sides is best. If you can drop a sniper team just nearby they can spot for a Jugg. Also you can use the orbital artlillary to take out some power plants before an attack, though the effect is only for about 10 seconds..

For Nod, drop in, I think 6 shadow teams for a temple? Yeah but that and that will take it out. Stealth tanks, and if you're really clever, steath avatars. :p Also 8 vertigo bombers and the liquid tiberium bomb thingey.

Scrin? lol.. I almost never play as them. But I suppose a bunch of those big fancy airships should do the trick. Also you could teleport some tripods into the back of his base with the mastermind's teleport ability.

Good start... :p

Use the mastermind to teleport some tripods into the back of the AI base then use the warp sphere instantly and send as many men thru it.

Also Mammy Spam...

Commandos are good. Use the Jumpjet on the GDI one to get real close.

But Bombers and the Scrin Carrier are prob the best things.

(Or you could try and capture it, timer is reset but you can sell it.)

BlueGlow
10-04-2007, 04:49 PM
That's a big help thank you

I was also wondering whether or not you can somehow disable the Nod from using the Nukes? I guess this probably isn't possible, its just incase I am not able to do the above as like I said before I am terribly slow and before I know where I am I've lost my base and also the skirmish lol : )

Cheers

BlueGlow

Luk3us
11-04-2007, 01:29 AM
You'll have to wait till the mod SDK thing comes out and you might see some tech limiters being released.. Till then, you're stuck with em'. :)

chickendippers
11-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Good point, I can't believe they didn't put that in, despite the fact that I've seen the ability to limit superweapons or a tech level chooser being suggested to EA ages ago.

Jamie T
11-04-2007, 11:39 AM
yes and were also waiting for worldbuilder...

>.<

Luk3us
11-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah I imagine they're behind cause of all the bugs with multiplayer.. Hmm....

MadBadger
11-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Well Nod does have the EMP disable thing at the Temple so It's unfair if you can't use it! Helpful if someone has an EMP cannon thing.

BlueGlow
12-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Good to know in the future that this will be possible, now I find that easier to live with........thanks : )

Also good news about the WorldBuilder, not that I could make a paper areoplane......let alone a mission!! lol

BlueGlow

Luk3us
12-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Well Nod does have the EMP disable thing at the Temple so It's unfair if you can't use it! Helpful if someone has an EMP cannon thing.

Yeah but they're pretty weak and rare though. So its not like you're be seeing those very often...

MadBadger
12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Meh... Still cool thou :p

Be able to just de-bug all the computers like that :D

Not my fault if I'm fickle!

big-boss
06-05-2007, 10:55 PM

This strategy is good and proves to be more easier than others. But a good alternative is to use the GDI space artillery and then launch it on the bases main defenses then send in a commando and then just palnt a bomb on the temple without consequences and is cleanier.

MadBadger
07-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Ahhh could do... but don't forget a clever Nod player will use the EMP reset in the temple! It's clears up the arty EMP as well!!