PDA

View Full Version : help, please - generals skirmish AI doesn't work

woody
07-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I"ve been playing generals for years without problems
recently I downloaded a bunch of new maps
after playing several, I suddenly had a problem - the AI wouldn't play - the map would come up and I could build anything, but the AI wouldn't build a base or do anything. I also noticed that when I pick a map and select where I and the AI are to start, I can only select my starting location.

I'm guessing that one of the new maps somehow 'turned off' skirmish mode permanently.

I have reinstalled the game , but that didn't help

if anyone has encountered this and has a fix, I'll appreciate the help

thanks

chickendippers
09-08-2011, 05:02 PM
The maps need to be specifically designed to work with the AI, so you need to keep an eye out for that when downloading custom maps.

woody
09-08-2011, 05:11 PM
hi

thanks very much for replying, I appreciate it

actually these were maps which WERE designed for the AI which suddenly stopped working. I was eventually able to resolve it by deleting all the "unofficial" map directories and reloading the game.

which brings me to another question. even though I deleted the directories ( the ones in MY DOCUMENTS ) which held the unofficial maps, they still appear in the list of unofficial maps - how do I get them out of the game ( I'm tired of most of them and want to download some new ones ).... there doesn't seem to be any simple way of delete a map

thanks

Ccveteran
10-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Please including more details on what your problem is.

chickendippers
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
It's a pretty clear description of the issue, but I'm afraid I don't know the answer.

FCWC
01-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Forget the file off hand so just do a search through the 2 different directories (documents and programs) of your install for one of said map names. (since others will be with it as well). Rename those files - ZH normally rebuilds most files if missing.(like options.ini etc etc)
IF some reason a NO GO - just manually edit those files.