PDA

View Full Version : Missing some of the Briefing Videos ?

DonnyBoy
09-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi,

I am just replaying TD under XP. Up to Mission 6 with the Commando - Using a Win95 version, which has TD and Covert Operations. I played the missions before under Win98 and got all the videos, cut scenes and briefing videos.

But under XP, I only seem to get the cut scenes, no briefing videos :( I have run XCC programe and it ony lists about 50 videos (cut scenes) including Dinos, ION Test - Mostly cut scenes etc only one with Kane in it. I leats I have got all the great music, but only a third of the videos. I am pretty sure they are in the CD somewhere, cos I can remebers from playing through on Win98 ?

Anyone know where I can get All the original Briffing videos and the final Mission Videos, NOD - Destroying Famous Landmarks, and GDI, that rather attractive Newscaster finishing with ' and I quote ... ' etc

Does the 10th Anniversary edition have all the orginal Videos ?

Still Hoping for a decent TT to be developed, So sad there is no liklihood of this. TD and RA are still the best of the bunch I am afraid.

chickendippers
09-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Welcome DonnyBoy :)

What hapens where the vidoes should be? Do you get a black screen for a few seconds, or does it just go straight onto the mission select map?
Did you use this tutorial to get the game working in XP? http://www.cncworld.org/downloads/index.php?act=view&id=91

DonnyBoy
13-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Its not that they are blank. They are simply not played in the game. The Pre Mission briefings Videos not played, just straigt into the Game, via a start game cut scene video (There are still the end/start game cut scene videos). I get none of the classic commader to camera, or Grunt in the field to camera briefing videos :( Now I do remember them in the Win 95 versions. They are not part of the Mix when looking under MCC. But I am curious, I remeber them running on Win98. I think I will install on an old win 98 machine, and check.

chickendippers
15-04-2006, 12:31 PM
It's wierd that they're being excluded, do you have the disk in whilst you play? They might be loaded from the disk and if you haven't got it in then it may skip them.
The First Decade does have all the videos, but if you have the orginal copy you shouldn't need to buy it (unless you want the other games of course).

DonnyBoy
23-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I have found and played the videos on the CD versions of Movies.mix, by using XCC under XP. So they are on the CDs, but not coped into the hard dis Movies.mix But they don't seem to trigger in the Game to be played, perhaps, because getting confused which CD/DVD drive to look for the movie perhaps. Anyway I have just played though the End of Fnal Mission Videos, with that yummy female presenter with the cleavage. So I am happy now.