PDA

View Full Version : Wilma and Pakistan

chickendippers
27-10-2005, 04:44 AM
It’s 2 days since hurricane Wilma hit Florida, a few more days since it hit Mexico and over 2 weeks since the devastating earthquake in Pakistan.
Now I’m in Florida on my holidays, and what am I hearing on the news? (American channels I must add) People are complaining that emergency supplies haven’t arrived yet!

People killed in Pakistan Earthquake = 80,000
People killed in Florida Hurricane = 12

Time without supplies in Pakistan = 2 weeks
Time without supplies in Florida = 2 days

Overnight Temperatures in Pakistan = -5 C
Overnight Temperatures in Florida = 10 C

Preparation time in Pakistan = 0 seconds
Preparation time in Florida = 1 week +

I think the statistics speak for themselves. I am outraged that in america there is no mention of this disaster anywhere, all that’s coming out of the "great" american media is how people are "suffering" from a hurricane that frankly was uneventful and boring.

The ridiculous thing is floridians had at least a week to stock up on supplies, so I am 100% supporting the Government when they said "I told you so" to these whiney arse-holes.

And the final icing on the cake; the UK is donating the most to the earthquake relief effort, and america is donating how much??? NONE!

Americans; please subscribe to BBC America so you can find out what’s going on in the rest of the world. The only news in the international section of so-called "news" programmes in your country this week was the death of the 2000th US soldier in Iraq – how is that news?

[/rant] :p
Your comments please

Luk3us
27-10-2005, 05:53 AM
Media outlets simply report what is more important to their viewers..

What happened in Pakistian although terrible, isn't of great concern to the US and many other western nations. So it doesn't make sense to make a big deal out of something few will actually care about...

Besides America is the center of the world isn't it?

Flak
27-10-2005, 11:00 AM
America is the centre of the universe.

Obviously.

Clazzy
27-10-2005, 12:32 PM
America was also greatly criticised for almost completely ignoring the tsunami disaster last year. However, when Canada's government gave a greater donation than them, all that changed.

America's had three hurricanes in a short period of time, and it's going to get worse, not better. If they don't like it, they should move away from Florida. instead of complaining every time one comes along.

EatsP1es
27-10-2005, 01:13 PM
amen

WhiteTib
27-10-2005, 02:05 PM
And the final icing on the cake; the UK is donating the most to the earthquake relief effort, and america is donating how much??? NONE!

Yea.. I complained about this, when the Tsunami hit India.

US govt started with a generous *** cough *** 1 million offer.
the uk people made over 1 mill in less than 3 days.
so the uk govt said.. 25 mill
and that embarrased the US govt into giving a bit more....

they will glad spend trillions on space, and war.. but when it comes to helping people with cash... pfft.... "but we have troops in there looking after people to make sure they dont get attacked".. <-- from who ?

the US is only interested in giving vast amounts of money, when they have something to gain for it... like.. another f*****ing country to add to the rest of their world domination...

</rant>

MadBadger
27-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Okay a major thing that all the americans seem to think is that ALL brits have donated to Pakistan....... not true its mostly been the Islamic comunitys. They have warehouses full of emergency stuff ready to be sent out to 'muslem' countries (im saying this as i cant remember any of this muslem aid going to america) I've sent &#163;50 to the US Katrina relief fund but not to Pakistan.

chickendippers
28-10-2005, 02:55 AM
The US doesn't need any money from hurricane Katrina; the only use it could have is to pay people's increased insurance premiums.
It's driving me crazy here on holiday in America that I have no idea what's going on in the rest of the world!

MadBadger
28-10-2005, 04:09 AM
ummmmm sooooo wtf are the poor gona do? bet they aint got great insurance. (and i mean the black ppl the ones the americans just constantly accused of 'looting')

chickendippers
30-10-2005, 08:38 PM
But the thing is the "poor" in the US and other developed countries are not poor when compared with countries like Pakistan. There aren't families living in the streets, everyone has running water, almost everyone owns a car etc..

The real poor people have none of these, I don't know if you've ever seen a Shanty Town in Africa or a Favela in Brazil - I have and they're just awful. I bet the people living in these squatter settlements would give their right arms to live in the american slums.

MadBadger
01-11-2005, 01:13 PM
that dosnt matter you know when katrina struck and they kept saying its 'Lawless' and gangs are running around raiding hospitals........ it was all untrue show yesterday had ppl who were there on it the doctors said they never had gunshot, Stab or rape victims. Also tourists said they were more scared by the 'Vigilante' americans who all went out armed to the teeth to combat said 'lawlessness'

chickendippers
01-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Well I guess that's why a bunch of police got fired then.

MadBadger
02-11-2005, 11:40 AM
well...... another thing i heard which hasnt been disproved is that most of the police were the ones who were doing proper looting (ie not geting food)

also its the media who blew it outa proportion.

chickendippers
02-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Dunno, I only heard about it when I was in America; there's no mention of it here in the UK.

MadBadger
02-11-2005, 11:04 PM
well there was a show on C4 on..... monday i think it had docs n tourists saying the oposite occured no gangs ect everyone was helping each other out (which ive noticed in the past 2 years black ppl tend to do more anyway) the fact that most of the reserves that were used were red-neck yanks who are mostly racist.

(okay no more race stuff to be said/brought up or it ends upina flame war)