PDA

View Full Version : Need UV wrappers.

Sexy Excalibur
28-10-2005, 06:37 AM
<p>Well, it's been a while since I last updated the site. We've been doing tons of things with our group. Scott just finished a model for a AvP mod, the Mp5, and last week I finished the Underground Network System. I'm trying to find a FTP to host all the pictures on because they are too big to fit into my photobucket account.

Since I consider myself a pro at modeling, I'm very tempted to move up in the modeling world and start using the more advanced programs like maya and 3dsmax, but I'll probably have to start out with something cheap like gmax first since I'm broke at the moment. :p

We've had alot of member applying for our team but we really could use a lot more uv wrappers since we have tons of models and skinners ready to skin, but no uv wrap for them to skin on.

That's it for this news post. When I get new news, I'll post it!

-Sexy Excalibur</p>

birdman59
11-11-2005, 03:34 AM
I have downloaded gmax but cannot figure out how to use it...I am new to C&C Generals..Can you point me in the right direction to where I can find software and instructions on how to re-skin and re-model some of the elements of the game that I feel suck?

Gideon
11-11-2005, 04:31 AM
Me 2!!

I have been trying (with the limited time I have for moddleing) to figure out the process for unwrapping a moddle so I can skin it.

I have always enjoyed making skins for moddles, but they were always unwraped (I did skins for my team in Tribes) (http://home.insightbb.com/~gideon611/sample1.jpg), and stored in a "skins directory".

If I could learn to unwrap modles I would love to start doing skinning on some of the curent modles that Hi3P is offering.

Blaze_X
11-11-2005, 07:58 AM
1.5 year of max experience here, only thing is UVW unwrap is boring as hell, and can be done faster with 3d painter

Sexy Excalibur
12-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Sorry about not responding. heh, i've been trying to do UV wrapping and Blaze X is correct. It's BORING. OH my stars is it boring. The program I use puts the texture on the model FIRST, then I uvwrap it to fit the model correctly and oh my stars is it boring.

flippster06
15-11-2005, 02:15 AM
You could always listen to music while doing it. :p

Blaze_X
15-11-2005, 02:16 AM
http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/dp3d/index.htm

Sexy Excalibur
15-11-2005, 02:25 AM
I watch a movie while doing it.

Gideon
16-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Hmm I found Skinning very fun.
But the farther I go the more I'm thinking that it may have been made very easy for me.

I well continue my search for tutorials etc... for unwrapping modles. :)
**Edit
Will I found this.
It seems like a good place to start.
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/unwrap.php

Gideon
16-11-2005, 04:26 PM
I just put in a requist for the XM8 modle.
If it's cool I'm going to start skinning it.
Just thought I would let you know so my requist gets aproved. ;)

Sexy Excalibur
16-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Didn't you try signing up to our group?

Gideon
17-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Umm I thought I was signed up...

Am I not?

Wait are you saying that if I sign up I don't half to requist the model?

I'm lost... can some one point out a road sign? ;)

Sexy Excalibur
17-11-2005, 03:25 AM
No no, I thought you were trying to join the team, the Hi3P team. You never made a real effort to join, thus you don't have blue text on your name and you don't have access to the models and website.

Gideon
17-11-2005, 04:04 AM
Ahah!

Well what bolder do I need to move to show that I am welling to put in the effort?
lol

No realy I do want to be part of Hi3P.
I have been checking the forums almost daily.
When I saw the "is Hi3p dead?" post I thought I might as well make some noise. ;)

So what is the next step?
You and I had a chat, or 2 in msmsngr, but what ever I need to do I'd be glad to just let me know... :)

Sexy Excalibur
17-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Let us chat again!

Gideon
17-11-2005, 08:13 PM
I Could be on around 10AM est in the morning if that works for you?

Sexy Excalibur
17-11-2005, 08:28 PM
i work 10 hour days starting at 8 am. :(

Gideon
17-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Hmm I'm at work now(tell 1AM), and can't do Chats from here.
I sent a PM to you here on the site though.
Maybe we can chat that way?