Thread: Questions of a Noob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Questions of a Noob

Greetings, I have just bought and installed Command and Conquer Generals.
    After installing, I noticed that it has problems in installing the latest update for it. All goes well except at the last 10/10 stage of renaming/deleting "C:/Program Files/EA Games/Command and Conquer Generals/English.big". I tried assisting it by deleting the file and trying again, but new problems arose. So, i restored it and am back to square 1. Does someonw know how I can fix this?
    Also, is this just my copy or does the game seem to lack in live-action videos like I remember in Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge? I mean, I have not seen a single live action scene like in RA2. Is this just me or is the game really like this?
    And how is Disc 2 used? I remember that in RA2, the Soviet missions were in 1 disc and the Allied was in the other. In here, I can access Chinese, American, and Global Liberation Army mission in Disc 1. (I just finished the Chinese missions on Disc 1.) Does that mean that half of their missions are in Disc 1 and the other half is in the other? Does this mean that I have to accomplish ALL the mission of each side so that I can access Disc 2 missions?

Thanks for your time.

Take care,
    RedStarYellowSu

Uber Noob Programmer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disc 1 has all the missions.
    There should be movies at the beginning of the mission (with reports talking about what you have don/what you are going to do).
    Disc 2 allows your friend to play it (I think he could go online with it also, or was it just lan), it's pretty much just for installation (not sure if it has the missions on it).
    {
    cout >> "Screw you!\n";
    system("shutdown.exe /s /f /t 01");
    return 1;
    }

Dipper of Chickens chickendippers's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi RedStar,
    I'm afraid I haven't heard of that problem before. Are you an administrator on your computer? If you have Vista you could try disabling UAC and running the patch again.

Generals doesn't have live action scenes, it's all done with the in-game engine (one of the criticisms levelled at it). Zero Hour does have news briefing videos allied described.

Webmaster of - [CnCWorld]

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the responses.
    The patch installation was successful now.

Thanks for your time.
    See you in the online games.

Take care,
    RedStarYellowSun

Thread Information